My blogging has been a bit random lately, except for the Chase Updates. What have I been doing?
- Visiting Chase every chance I get.
- Hanging out in the Missouri Theatre (last Tues. night) for preliminary sound training. More extensive training will be this Saturday.
- Eating lunch with emerging leaders in Karis.
- Working on new "invite cards" and posters for Karis. I think they look pretty "tight" (as the kids say). They should be here soon.
- Customizing our new Shalom website that will provide opportunities for Columbians to get involved in mercy and social action, and getting business cards completed for that.
- Chillin' with the interns: Jeremy, Rob, and Ryan-- being grateful for them.
- Having a great KC getaway with my wife two weekends ago (thanks Kris and Brittany!).
- Working on sermons on "The Parable of the Soils" (Luke 8).
- Teaching through How People Change in our C-Groups.
- Baptizing Aaron and Maureen Harris on Sunday night and hanging with the Karis pals for a picnic at Stephens.
- Doing premarital counseling with Jon Dennis and Kristin Hansen.
- Recruiting teams (with Bobby) to help canvass parts of the city, telling them about our "Grand Opening."
- Working through an insane to-do list related to that "Grand Opening": signs, publications, etc. etc.
- Caring for a sick wife and kids.
I'm incredibly encouraged about what God is doing, and where we're heading. But there is so much to do. Pray for my stress!