Here are a few thoughts on our first few days from Tony Hodgson.
Here are a few helpful links to check out this week:
- We're passionate about training leaders in Karis Church. Great words from Micah Fries here.
- Want to be a bad church member? I hope not, but here are some tips.
- I definitely don't endorse everything on McKnight's blog, but here is a great article arguing for the historicity of the resurrection.
- Reid Monaghan gives a helpful primer on thinking through creation and evolution from a biblical perspective.
- Here are some strong reasons, I think, why you should reconsider feeding your children only Christian music.
- Is church membership biblical? Yeah, says Matt Chandler here.
- Can we learn from Steve Jobs about preaching? Read this.
- Read about Four Kinds of People from Tim Keller's new book (and Steve McCoy).
- Here's a "kingdom of God" intro from James Hamilton.
- Listen to hip-hop artist Shai Linne take out "False Teachers."
Here are just a few great things I encountered on the web this week:
- Keller talks about relevance in preaching here.
- Dr. Moore tells us to ditch our weak views of heaven.
- In Karis Church, we're known for our beards. Here is a good info-graphic to help you.
- Planting a church? Tim Chester says, "Beware!"
- Seen the Piper GIFs site? You gotta see this!
- Watch out for these as you study your Bible and listen to sermons.
- Karis at Mizzou is doing some great work. Check out their podcast here.
Here are a few links for you to check out this week:
- Have you seen this great Lenten devotional? It's not too late to start this. Bobby gives some great words about Lent here.
- Here is the tragic article about abortion I mentioned Sunday. No life is "worth sacrificing." We are made in His image. He's God; we're not.
- Here are some great words from Kathy Keller on the dangers of "faking it" in ministry.
- Karis at Mizzou is working through our core Karis identities. Check them out here.
- We all want love, but it's not easy. Helpful reminders from Tripp here.
- Check out this interview with my friend Dee Reju on counseling.
- Brian Howard gives some advice on how to be a man at home. Good words.
Have a great weeks. More links to come soon.
Some helpful articles for you to check out:
- Church planters, are you planting one of these kinds of churches?
- Preachers, need some help walking through editing your sermon?
- Christian, do you see how your faith connects with your work?
- Church, does your activity look anything like this?
- Brother or sister, curious as to how to get started sharing your faith?
- Friend, are you wondering if God might be disciplining you?