We are excited to relaunch Porterbrook in Karis this fall. Porterbrook is comprehensive training for Christians in the context of their local church and ministry. The courses teach you to live in the light of the Bible story at the heart level in the context of community on mission to the world. Porterbrook Learning helps ordinary Christians learn how to serve Jesus and his people better — whether they are church leaders, church planters, or simply Christians wanting to become more mission-focused.
Porterbrook has been reworked from the ground up since Karis last participated, with a goal for giving a higher quality, intensive theological training. We are joining with the Porterbrook St. Louis region.
The program is designed for you to have:
- Personal study time as you work through lessons
- Small study groups meeting weekly or biweekly
- Regional conferences for intensive days of sharing and study
Conference Schedule for 2013 – 2014
- September 7: Your Jesus is too Small – Intro Conference, 9 am – 2 pm
- December 7: Gospel-centered & Missional, 9 am – 4 pm
- March 8: Missional Community & Gospel Fluency, 9 am – 4 pm
- June 7: Character Matters, The Beauty of the Bible, and Engage the Culture, 9 am – 4 pm
More information and links to look at the curriculum are available at Porterbrook STL.
The cost for the full year's curriculum, participation in small groups, and attendance at the four conferences is $512 + transportation costs to the conferences.
Sign up by contacting Tony Boes on The City or by email, so you can get included in a Karis study group. You can also contact him with any questions about the curriculum.
The deadline to register for this year is September 7, 2013.