For some time, Karis Church has gathered on Sundays in the auditorium of Calvary Baptist Church. Karis and Calvary are two independent congregations. However, Calvary has graciously allowed us to share their space - not just on Sundays, but at other times during the week. We have been blessed greatly. We think there are some advantages to sharing a space with another church. Consider the following:
- It conserves resources. Rather than constructing another building that takes up more space and costs much money, we can save cash and time and put more into people and ministry.
- It displays unity. Two churches housed in the same building shows our city the life-transforming power of Jesus. He brings people who are different together in love.
- It provides diversity. We prayed in Karis for years for older saints. Now we get the opportunity weekly to meet and fellowship with our friends of Calvary who are older and wiser than us.
- It teaches theology. The church is not a building. Christ's church is a gospel community on mission. Renting space from another congregation keeps that continually at the front of our minds.
- It reinforces grace. The gospel is that God has given us through Christ what we don't deserve. We deserve judgment, and we get favor. Every Sunday, as we worship in that beautiful space thanks to the generosity of Calvary, it reminds us that God's love is free and rich.
We're blessed to have our worship Gatherings and other meetings in Calvary Baptist's building. We hope you'll join us and reap some of the benefits of this great partnership with us!