Ridgeway MC leader Ryan Davis took some time recently to answer a few questions about his group. 1. Who makes up your group's leadership team? Ryan Davis (Directional Leader), Caleb Bales (Shepherding Leader), Michael Waggoner (Administrative Leader), Michael Maw (Prayer Leader), and Rachel Cheadle (Women’s Leader)
2. Who is a part of this group? Our make-up consists of college students, young married couples (with 3 babies on the way), and adults.
3. What does an MC Gathering look like? We start out our MC with a meal and fellowship. It is followed by a time for worship and discussions of how to better serve our neighborhood and missional centers. We have a lesson that lasts around 30 minutes folowed by a time for prayer.
4. What other types of things does your MC do outside of that weekly gathering? Our MC meets every other week. We have two weeks per month for Fight Clubs (smaller gender-specific groups that focus on accountability, prayer, and in-depth Bible study). These groups serve our neighborhood bi-monthly at places like Oak Towers, The Intersection, and Centro Latino. We will also be starting a Neighborhood Gardening component this spring. Our MC also has guy and girl hangout nights, bonfires, dinners, and other fun things to grow us closer together as a community.
5. What is the mission of your group? What do you pray the Lord does through your Missional Community? Our MC exists for the Ridgeway Neighborhood and its Missional Centers (Oak Towers, The Intersection, Centro Latino, and the Community Gardens) to hear, see, and experience the Good News of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We pray that our mission would be a picture of redemption for all hearts broken.
6. What are some of the things the Lord is doing in your group now? The Lord is blessing our group with 3 new babies to expand and challenge our non-existent children’s ministry. The Lord is also allowing us to have an MC Prayer Retreat to grow us closer to God and each other.