Ryan Worley, the Directional Leader for the Re(new) Missional Community, took some time to answer some questions to help us better get to know his group. 1. Who makes up your group’s leadership team? Seth Freeman (Shepherding Leader), Paul Thomas (Administrative Leader), Amber Dykes (Women's Leader)
2. What kinds of people are a part of this group? Our group is a good mix of college students, young families, and adults.
3. What does an MC Gathering meeting look like? Each MC Gathering begins over a meal and conversation. We spend the latter half of the evening singing, studying the Bible, and praying. We also talk about ways we are trying to serve our city. Each gathering is kid-friendly with helpers that share lessons with the kids while the adults are meeting.
4. What other types of things does your MC do outside of that weekly gathering? Our MC meets every other week in smaller girl/guy groups that spend more focused time on prayer and accountability. These groups also engage in regular efforts to serve our city. We also encourage people to spend time with each other throughout the week in sharing meals, coffee, or a movie.
5. What is the mission of your group? What do you pray the Lord does through your Missional Community? Our MC seeks to share the love of Christ with low income families. Practically, we work to support refugees, single moms, and other families that are in need. We pray that God would transform the lives of the people we are serving. We hope that our simple words and acts of love will be a part of God’s renewing of our community.
6. What are some of the things the Lord is doing in your group now? Right now God is teaching our group what it means to live fully for Jesus.