Lots going on, so I missed a week, but here are some thoughts from the world of sport:
- Mizzou's win over Tennessee was one of the most exciting games I've seen. Check out the highlights here. We just need to win against Syracuse tomorrow to become bowl-eligible. I know going 6-6 or 7-5 isn't that impressive, but we'll take it given all the injuries and challenges this season. Winning Saturday will be a bit more of a challenge, though, because Sheldon Richardson apparently skipped class a bunch and won't be playing. If I was a senior, I'd want to punch him, but that probably isn't a good idea with him.
- I'm excited about another Mizzou hoops game tonight. The win over Alcorn State on Tuesday looked rough in the first half, but they came together in the second. The team looks like it's never played together before, and, that's exactly the situation. However, they have tons of talent. It just may take a while to gel. Can it happen in time for the Battle 4 Atlantis next week, where potential matchups with Duke and Louisville await? Not sure. It doesn't help that the basketball team has their own suspension - Mike Dixon. Go to class, ya'll.
- Check out the top backcourt in the nation here. That assumes, of course, that Dixon returns.
- Great stuff about Coach Haith in USA Today here, also.
- Here's an excellent article about former Tiger football great Danario Alexander, who's taking off in San Diego.
- Laurence Bowers is back, and with a three-point shot!