Those that know me know I'm a coach's kid who really loves, and fights the idolatry of, all things sports. Here are a few thoughts and observations for the week:
- Mizzou suffered a humbling loss on the road at South Carolina. Particularly frustrating was the play of the offense. However, the Tigers are 2-2, and they've played the most difficult schedule in the nation. Is the sky falling? I don't think so.
- Keep in mind that the Tigers are playing without 5 of their top 10 offensive linemen from the beginning of the season. Does Mizzou need to get more deep to play in the SEC? Could most teams stand that? Maybe Alabama, but I'm not sure too many others could. It's hard to move the ball without blocking.
- How about Sheldon Richardson? Dude knows how to play "old-man football." Except for this past weekend's debacle, the defense has been excellent.
- I am excited about college hoops. It's just around the corner. This site lists the top 100 players in college basketball. Mizzou has five people on the list. If team chemistry is close to it was last year, this year is going to be a good one.
- Speaking of basketball, watch this video. Keion Bell has some serious hops.
- Don't count out my Chiefs yet. After three games, they lead the NFL in offense.